Monday, March 11, 2013

It's A Spring Thing

I'm actually doing what home decor professionals recommend you should do this time of year: swapping out my decorative pillows.
 
I have red living room furniture. It's bold and it's about 12 years old. But it's still in great condition so I'm not about to get rid of it. Instead, I'm going to freshen it up with some new pillows. It'll change the feel of the room at the same time.
 
I wanted to soften the look, and I think I found the perfect accent pillow to do just that. I fell in love with this pillow the second I saw it and was just praying it would work in this room. I think it's doing it's job - it blends in nicely and softens the feel of the brash red.
 
 
Here's the up close and person view of the red bird in a birdcage against a pastel blue background. I just love it. I found it online at Target.
 
 
That's one chair complete. Now I have to contend with the sofa, loveseat and rest of the room. The pillow did give me some good ideas though. I'm on the hunt for a decorative white birdcage to put in one of the corners of the room. I think that will be a nice nod to my pillow. Let the Spring refreshening begin!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment