Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Need Some Umph

I feel like I've been in a funk for the past month. I have no motivation to do much of anything, so I'm basically doing the essentials. Not much fun, that's for sure.

We're gearing up to the end of the school year around here. Only 2 months left and my 5 year old, R, will be done with Kindergarten. It was a bit of a rough start, but things finally clicked somewhere around January and the finish line is in sight. I'm proud of my boy - he's grown quite a bit since September.

The 2 year old, D, also has come a long way since starting preschool in January. He loves to go to "playschool," as he calls it, and is so much more verbal and confident. I know there are naysayers who don't believe preschool is necessary, and I mean my husband when I say "naysayer," but D is living proof that it really does make a difference.

With summer just about around the corner, I'm starting to stress with activities to keep the boys busy. I signed up R for a Chinese summer camp for a week. My husband believes that learning the Chinese language is an economic necessity for our children. I don't have a problem with it, and R has already taken a class or 2 when he was younger. He's actually excellent at it, or so says his teacher.

Other than that, I have nothing planned. Maybe I'll search for some other activities here and there. Or maybe it's a good thing to keep the summer wide open. It is, after all, summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment