Monday, February 28, 2011

Academy Awards Wrap Up

I must admit I'm glad awards season is over. I was completely underwhelmed by last night's broadcast - fashion-wise and show-wise. Nonetheless, here are my picks for best and worst dressed:

TOP 3 BEST DRESSED
  1. Celine Dion - I loved this dress and cannot believe she gave birth to twins 4 months ago. Simple, stunning and elegant. Rock on Momma!
  2. Reese Witherspoon - She wins for little black dress of the night, with a touch of class.
  3. Natalie Portman - This may be the best-dressed pregnant woman at an awards show EVER. The dress, the earrings, it all worked.
TOP 3 WORST DRESSED
  1. Cate Blanchett - This actually looks better photographed than it did on television. I still don't understand what's going on from the waist up.
  2. Nicole Kidman - The dress is horrible with the structure around her abdomen. And what is the deal with the shoes?!?
  3. Melissa Leo - This literally looks like my grandmother's doily.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa Leo's dress would have looked better if the "lace" would have been more delicate. I think you hit the nail on the head calling it a doily.

    ReplyDelete