Monday, September 6, 2010

Parenting: No Check

Ever feel like a complete failure as a mother? I don't even recognize this person that I've become. I have no patience. I'm cranky all the time. I'm yelling and making threats all day. I'm carrying screaming children to time out. I'm exhausted. All of this can't be good for the kids. I never thought I'd be one of "those" moms who can't keep it together and yell at her kids all the time. Why does it seem like they figure out exactly which buttons to push to get you going? Aren't their brains too little to be that smart? I know I'm the adult and I should know better but, damn, they're good at getting me angry. My parents like to say "You majored in psychology. Use reverse psychology on them." Really? Is it just that simple? You come deal with my children 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and you use reverse psychology on them when you're trying to get out the door and they're refusing to put on their shoes. Whoever said being a parent wasn't easy knew exactly what they were talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment