Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Joy of Family

Does anyone else ever get tired of feeling guilty? I'm not sure how to discipline my children without feeling guilt. I'm not sure how to be angry at my husband without feeling guilt. Can't we just say and do what we're feeling when we're feeling it? Wouldn't that be living in the moment? Being authentic? I realize that somewhere along the way something criminal could occur. I could stab my husband because that's what I happened to feel like doing at the time. I see the danger there, for him and for me. But that would be considered an extreme example, right?

For whatever millionth thing your husband has done to bring you to the brink, what's wrong with simply saying, "I really don't feel like being married to you right now because I'm so pissed off." Or how about giving your child a whack on the behind for that wise-ass comment he just made while in line at the supermarket. Or letting your toddler cry his eyes out while you attempt to write this blog. Why must the guilt immediately ensue? I know we're supposed to control ourselves and think before we speak and think before we act. I love my family, but I'm just so tired of taking it all. Maybe I'm just tired, period. It's hard enough being married. Being married with children is a whole other ball of wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment