Friday, October 21, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted on Friday by A Few More Pages. Want to play along? Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you would like, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence.

"It was a queer, sultry summer, the summer they electrocuted the Rosenbergs, and I didn't know what I was doing in New York."
~ "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath

This definitely sets the tone for the book - executions and confusion. Definitely foreshadows the downfall of the main character, and author.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVED this book! I read it many, many years ago, though; now I want to reread it!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this beginning before, but I haven't read the book yet. Sounds interesting!

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete