Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Hits Keep Coming

Yes, it's another sinus infection. I took the 4 year old to the pediatrician this morning and, thankfully, it's nothing more than that. As soon as I hear him cough, I break out in a sweat and start panicking about bronchitis and chest x-rays. I don't know how I'm going to survive raising 2 boys. You would think by now I'd be used to the sickness -hell he's sick every month! But I'm like Pavlov's dog I guess. One cough and the heart races with perspiration right on its tail. I worry about him since he is prone to bronchitis. I just hope we can keep pneumonia at bey until he grows out of this. The pediatrician was happy to inform me that kids average about 1 - 1.5 colds per month. Guess my guy's right on schedule then! As we're waiting much too long in the pediatrician's waiting room, I'm watching baby boy play with the toys while sitting on the floor amidst all the coughing and fever-stricken children. I'm sure 48 hours from now, I'll be in a sweat yet again as he progresses into some form of the germs he was surrounded by this morning. It's going to be a long winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment