Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lazy Days of Summer

Ugh . . . August 1st.

Summer is half over, and I got nothing accomplished.

I managed to update my resume but can't seem to find my teaching certificate. I realize I could contact the State to get a copy of it, but it's incredibly frustrating to not be able to find it. Grrrr.

Thankfully we have a pool in our yard because we haven't really taken the kids on much of a vacation. We've played mini-golf twice, gone bumper bowling, hit the boards for some kiddie rides, attempted to fly kites on the beach, taken advantage of an air conditioned indoor jungle gym, and that's about it.

The 6 year old has had a few birthday parties he attended, and a few more on the immediate horizon, and the 3 year old is happy playing in the house.

I suppose I'm the one who feels most like we haven't done anything. I'm the restless spirit who feels we should've done more.

In a month I'll be wishing for these days back. School, soccer, preschool, ccd - it will all come hurdling at me at once.

I guess they call them the lazy days of summer for a reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment