Thursday, August 2, 2012

Beach Blanket Bust

I pretty much live at the Jersey Shore. I am approximately 15 minutes away from the ocean. I am, however, distraught to report that I have been to the beach zero times so far this summer.

I know. What a waste! But some of you mommies can relate when I say packing up the kids for a day at the beach is no picnic.

I actually shudder at the thought.

I have 6 year old wise guy and 3 year old know it all. Right there, that would stop some moms from even leaving the front door.

Dealing with these two in public is no easy task. I don't want to be the screaming mom, but I don't want to let them run wild either. There's a fine line between cooperation and meltdown when it comes to these two. This makes the thought of a trip to the beach incredibly stressful.

And isn't the point of going to the beach to relax? I love the beach. I feel most calm by the water. Except when I'm lugging a cart full of buckets, shovels, blankets, balls, snacks and cups and bribing two kids to just behave a little while longer.

I realize I'm going to have to suck it up and just take them one day or be named worst mother of the year. I definitely need to psyche myself up the day before . . . or bring a large thermos of wine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment