Saturday, July 25, 2009

Octo-money

I believe I posted a while ago that the Octomom was going to get her own reality show. Honestly, for $250k I don't blame her. That's a lot of money, but that's over a 3 year period. She has 14 children so when you break it down, that's not that much money. If you do the math, that's $5900 per year per child. I think you could easily spend $6k on a child in one year. Do I agree with what she did - having a bazillion children and no job or husband? No, of course not. But at least she's getting paid by a production company and not the taxpayers. I don't want to pay for her 14 children, and I shouldn't have to pay for them. But there's something that stinks about putting your kids on television for entertainment and they have absolutely no say about it. Especially when some of them are disabled. And who knows how many of the octuplets will have disabilities. We'll probably see that unfold on TV each week. That just doesn't seem right. I really shouldn't judge how other moms choose to raise their children. I have days when I'm not the greatest mom in the world. Thank God I don't have cameras filming me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment