Monday, February 10, 2014

Old Man Winter is Old News

Anyone else feel like they're struggling to get through the rest of winter? I have had it with the snow, never mind the cold temperatures. I am done.

Living in the northeast, I've grown accustomed to a few snowfalls and some treacherous driving. Maybe even a blizzard once every two or so years isn't all that uncommon. This year is bordering on ridiculous. There has been snow on the ground since before Christmas. I am not exaggerating when I say it snows about twice a week. There are days when I feel like I live north of Boston, and I love Boston. But I don't like all this snow.
 
Given the fact that I don't like the snow, it should come as no surprise when I say I despise driving in the snow. I don't have an SUV, and I refuse to get one. I drive a 4 door car, which I love, and it handles well in the snow. I'm definitely putting my poor car through its paces this winter though. The ice is proving to be a tough competitor, but my car is holding her own. Sometimes it takes us a bit longer to get up icy hills or driveways, but we do it.
 
I hesitate to mention the frigid temperatures only because when I think about how cold it's been, I reach for a sweater. I am so tired of piling on layers of clothing, coats, hats, gloves, scarves, boots. I'm exhausted before I even leave the door.
 
This has been a long, cold, seemingly endless winter. I long for my flip flops . . . and a milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment