Friday, January 8, 2010

Project Overwhelmed?

I'm really at a standstill when it comes to this decluttering situation. My plan is very well thought out and clear . . . in my mind. Take a section of a room and clear it out. Throw out what's not being used, put away what needs to be and clean while there. Problem is I don't know where to start. Yesterday I put away some toys that were laying around the family room for about 2 weeks now. Whoo hoo!! I do that on a daily basis. These just happened to be new toys the boys got for Christmas. When I feel overwhelmed, I tend to shut down and not do anything. I was feeling that way all morning. Where do I start? What should I tackle? Then I took a nap while baby boy #2 was napping and got up feeling rejuvenated. Okay, partly rejuvenated. I saw this corner of my kitchen countertop that always has papers on it. You know that corner, you have one, too. Instruction manuals go there. Missing toy pieces get put there. Mail you're not sure about keeping or throwing away winds up there. I just couldn't stand looking at it anymore. So, I did it. I decluttered. I put things away. I threw things away. I cleaned the countertop. That felt great!! I'm not sure if I should keep going or be pleased with my baby step for the day.

Exercising is going well. Not great, but well. Five days in and I have been doing some for of exercise every day. Aerobics, crunches, calf machine, and even some buns of steel moves. That's right - I'm exercising my buttocks, too. I can't say that I feel better yet. I can say some muscles are a little achy though. My biggest weight-lifting endeavor is carrying around baby boy #2 these days. He's almost 20 lbs. of loving, and he's killing me. My arms hurt like crazy and I think I'm throwing out my back. You know the move - carry the baby on your left hip so you can do things with your right hand. The entire left side of my body should be replaced. That little meatball needs to start crawling soon so I can realign my spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment