Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Great Escape


Ever want to run away? I do. I suppose I'm not having a good week. I think I've already checked out mentally. Physically, I'm trying to hang on.
 
Yesterday the kids had a snow day. The school called and woke me up at 5:30am to let me know school was closed due to the impending snowstorm. Want to know how much snow we got? A dusting. Thanks for burning 1 of those 3 precious snow days we get for the year!
 
The kids being home all day was a little rough. I've pretty much learned to ignore the yelling, screaming and crying unless someone is bleeding or I hear a loud thump. Needless to say, it was a long day.
 
Baby boy didn't want to go to school today after all the fun he had at home yesterday. I left him crying at drop-off. The guilt is wearing heavy on me this morning.
 
Tomorrow I have to take my mother for a colonoscopy. She's been stressing for weeks about this so by now it's rubbed off on me, and I'm completely stressed out.  
 
Today, my husband starts his vacation. He's using the rest of his vacation days for the year. That means he's home until January 2. Someone shoot me now!

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya! Listen to these P!nk lyrics and see if they help:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wl5-audkPY

    Her concert was so moving. I honestly cried during this song because it can have so much underlying meaning. The title to your post being the same brought me to read it. Hang in there, Mama!

    ReplyDelete