Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

While I love this time of year, it also breaks my heart.
 
Fall is definitely my favorite season. I love the fresh air, the colors of the changing leaves, the upcoming holidays. But ever since 2001, the beginning of September fills me with sadness and anger.
 
I grew up in Jersey City, across the river from the World Trade Center. I saw those beautiful towers on a daily basis, taking them so much for granted. Never did I imagine they would someday be gone, along with the people inside.
 
I was married on August 25, 2011 and returned from my honeymoon via cruise ship on September 9, 2011. It was early morning on September 9 as we drifted into New York harbor. I was busy looking at the Jersey City side of the river when my husband called out to me and pointed up. This was the shot I took on that early morning.
 
 
Please always remember and never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment