Monday, July 1, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Apparently I haven't blogged for a whole month. Apparently being Chairperson of my son's school gift auction takes up an immense amount of time.
 
Not only haven't I been blogging, I've barely been reading any books. I'm so far behind on my reading goal, I doubt I'll have the opportunity to reach that goal.
 
The auction isn't until October, but I've been soliciting up a storm. Once the initial planning occurred and the location and theme were decided, the soliciting has taken over my life. I've already received a few decent gifts so I suppose all this work is paying off, of course not monetarily, but checking the mail for new donations each day has its own sense of fulfillment.
 
I've discovered a few things in the short time I've been handling this event. I am a control freak. I'm not good at delegating tasks. I'm not very diplomatic. My management skills could use some polishing.
 
Enough self-analysis. Time to get back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment